- My weight loss with HCLF.
- How to use Cronometer.
- What I eat in a day – Palma edition. Find out why it isn’t important to eat 100% of all vitamins and minerals every day.
- What I eat in a day. More Cronometer screenshots and dietary analysis of what I eat.
- High carb low fat basics. Everything you need to know about the HCLF lifestyle.
The following video shows you everything I ate today. Now that I’m back in the land of Tesco, grapes are my favourite staple! I hope this video and my Cronometer food diary (posted below) can serve as a guide if you are interested in the high carb low fat lifestyle or raw lifestyle. This will give you some idea about what meals are like.
When looking at my food diary, keep in mind:
- My calorie intake is never set in stone. If I feel like I need to eat more, I simply eat more and never restrict calories.
- My macronutrient ratio is set to LFRV (low fat raw vegan) within Cronometer. My calorie summary reflects percentages based on the 80/10/10 ratio. I aim to eat at least 80% of my calories from carbs, at most 10% from protein and at most 10% from fat.
- Walking is my only form of exercise. I’ve been walking around Dublin so much lately! My daily average is 7.5 miles.
- Breakfast: pack of grapes, two bananas
- Snack in the park: nine mandarins
- Snack on the bus: pack of grapes
- Dinner: three packs of grapes total
My macronutrient ratio:
- 93.7% of my calories came from carbohydrates
- 3.8% from protein
- 2.5% from fat
As I mentioned in my video, this is my first fully raw day since I arrived in Dublin. I’ve eaten cooked foods like oats, gluten-free wraps (made from sweet potatoes), potatoes, oatcakes, and even hummus. I’m not able to adjust to winter life so easily after being in Croatia for two months.
I was stressed my first few days here and I craved these heavier foods, so I gave in. These foods comforted me and provided me with warmth and plenty of calories, yet I didn’t feel my best while eating them. These foods aren’t unhealthy (in moderation) by any means, yet my skin was noticeably dry and I felt thirsty most of the day.
Fortunately, I felt amazing all day today thanks to a full day of hydrating fruit. I will try my best to pack in the fruit in the next few weeks but won’t be discouraged if I decide to eat steamed or boiled potatoes and veggies for dinner. Sometimes I just crave warm food!